In 2014 we launched www.bristolmuseums.org.uk in what we imaginatively called ‘phase one’ which not only gave us a service wide presence but allowed us to:
- Follow the GDS service delivery approach for the first time – discovery, alpha, beta to live
- identify real user needs through a discovery phase
- plan to make the website a platform to help us delivery services for years to come
- share publicly through a conference, blog, workshops and other events everything about the project
- Keep my job – i half joke that i’d have quit if I wasn’t able to get the project done
We learned lots from doing this project and have done amazingly well with our key performance indicators.
With more than six months data under our belts as well as a ratified new service structure and direction for 2015-18 we are turning to starting phase two. Fay Curtis will be leading this project between January and April 2015. Check back regularly for updates.