We’re now starting work on phase two of our website, www.bristolmuseums.org.uk, as Zak has already mentioned. So here’s a bit more detail about what we’re planning, once again following the GDS phases of service design.
(Note: if you’d like to read about what we did for phase one, you’re in luck – we’ve lots of posts about it on this here blog.)
We’ll be working with the guys over at fffunction in three stages over the next three months. From an evaluation of user needs and developing on from phase one, we’re going to be focusing on things that generate revenue and make it easier for people to book with us; whether that’s improvements to the what’s on sections (which get the majority of visits), learning and venue hire.
Milestone 1 – January 2015
Updates and work carrying on from phase one on opening times, events filtering, navigation and what’s on sections.
Milestone 2 – February 2015
Workshops with the programming, learning and venue hire teams to really get to grips with what our users need from us online in these areas.
Milestone 3 – March 2015
Workshopping and implementing a ticketing solution for the above, making our online shop look a bit nicer and researching and implementing online donation functionality.
We’ll keep you posted with how it’s going and what we discover.